The first good kicker we’ve had in Washington in quite some time, Kai Forbath, may not be able to go this Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Forbath’s kickoffs have been MUCH improved this preseason and in game 1 against the Eagles.
The Washington Redskins were making contingency plans Friday to identify a possible replacement for place kicker Kai Forbath if one is needed Sunday in Green Bay.
Forbath suffered a groin injury Thursday, Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said.
Shanahan said the Redskins will make a decision Saturday after evaluating Forbath.
Forbath was to be listed as questionable on the official injury report.
- Kai Forbath questionable for Week Two (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Top 5 Players To Be Excited About For 2013 (Besides Last Year’s Pro-Bowlers): #5 Kai Forbath (skinscity.com)
- Philadelphia Eagles 33 at Washington Redskins 27 (joshlopezwwe94blog.wordpress.com)
- Redskins Diagnosis: ‘Serious Case of the Can’t Get Rights’ (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Packers’ Next Opponent: Redskins (jsonline.com)