I am not a Rex Grossman fan by any means because if Rex Grossman comes into a game, you either get the really good Rex or the really bad Rex. So, I am glad the Redskins kept Pat White on the roster but, will the four QB’s be a short-lived experiment?
The Washington Redskins put Pat White on the verge of completing his unlikely comeback to the NFL when they kept him on their roster Saturday as the team’s fourth quarterback.
The decision to retain White was the biggest attention-grabber as the Redskins made a series of moves to reduce their roster to 53 players, the limit for the regular season, by Saturday’s league-wide deadline. The Redskins also kept Evan Royster and Chris Thompson as reserve tailbacks behind starter Alfred Morris and top backup Roy Helu Jr. Thompson’s inclusion on the 53-man roster might signal he will be the team’s punt returner.
The group of players released by the Redskins included veteran tackle Tony Pashos, cornerback Chase Minnifield and former starting safety DeJon Gomes.
- Redskins decide to keep QB Pat White as final cuts are made (wtkr.com)
- RGIII Plus 3: White, Grossman Make Redskins Roster (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Report: QB White makes Redskins’ final roster (cbssports.com)
- Can Pat White Win The #3 QB role? (riggosrag.com)
- My Final 53…. (redskinsreview.wordpress.com)